Sunday, August 5, 2012

Bush walking


I hung out with a guy named Bagel today that I met on Wednesday night. He’s from “the country” of Australia, but not the outback, about 6 hours Southwest of where I am in Sydney. He’s been at Macquarie for three years though, so he definitely knows the area. We went on a nature walk in a national park nearby. It’s actually only 20-25 minutes walking distance from campus. It wasn’t super eventful, but it was fun to have some one-on-one time with an Australian and make fun of our accents together.

He kept calling our walk a “bush walk,” which makes it sound a lot more outdoorsy than it really was. Although I guess at points we were walking on pretty unlevel terrain and across stepping stones on some streams. At the end I basically had to climb up a wall of dirt to get off the trail right by campus otherwise we would have had to keep walking after it got dark (I probably wasn’t dressed entirely correctly for this outing). I did see a wild turkey though! They also had some very Australian signs in the park:
Apparently they have these signs at all the parks

Some pretty stepping stones at the end of the trail
Kangaroo crossing -- sadly I didn't see any

No comments:

Post a Comment