Saturday, August 25, 2012

Tarongo Zoo


This morning I got up early and went to the zoo with the AIFS group. It was included in the price of our semester, otherwise I probably wouldn’t have went. I was pretty bored. The animals are different but it’s still just a zoo. I took a lot of pictures, but it seemed like everything was sleeping. The most interesting part might have been the koalas but that could also have been just because it was the first thing.

Koala :O

Comodo Dragon

Turtles!



They said the lamb is only about a week old

We were literally close enough to pet these

All of the kangaroos were sleeping

Seal show!
Also, Tarongo Zoo is supposed to have some of the prettiest views in the city, but the harbor lookout is pretty much the same view of the Opera House and the Bridge that you would get anywhere else. I think I’m already getting overly used to the major sights here. They don’t surprise me anymore.

The elephants sure get to enjoy a pretty view

They sell elephant artwork in the zoo store -- only $149.95

This is the famous outlook in Tarongo
We drove by Balmoral Beach on our way home though and that was really pretty. I love the houses in that area. It's pretty ritzy so they all have a really nice architectural design.

No comments:

Post a Comment