Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ireland: Backtracking

Everyone got up slowly this morning. I quickly packed everything away and headed downstairs for breakfast, which was just a croissant. After breakfast, we loaded onto the airport shuttle. It took a few minutes, but once we got to the airport we found a spot to set our stuff down. I bought a boa, Ireland scarf, and two magnets for my fridge at school. Once we paid for our purchases, we went to get breakfast at a little café cart near the terminal. I got a double chocolate chip muffin and an apple.

We sat around and waited to board the plane. Once we finally got on, our flight was delayed for about an hour while they fixed a maintenance issue. During the flight, I read, napped, and listened to music. They served us a lot of food. First, there was lunch which was a chicken breast, rice, noodles, a roll, and an oatmeal raisin cookie. I only ate the chicken and the roll. After lunch, they provided us with a corn chip snack like we had when we were on our way to Canada. It was really good. Finally, shortly before we arrived in Toronto, they served us wraps. I got the chicken wrap and it tasted just like a chicken quesadilla at Taco Bell. I really missed Mexican food while in Ireland.
Blurry picture on the way home

Tortilla on the plane!

Amazing corn chips
We got off the plane and shuffled through customs, which didn’t take that long. I didn’t get asked any weird questions. Then we killed some time waiting around, sleeping, and using the internet during our layover.

I was so relieved to board the puddle jumper that brought us back to Michigan. The trip to Ireland was great, but everyone managed to get on my nerves at least once. I hate being that close in proximity to people. It just isn’t who I am. I need alone time.

No comments:

Post a Comment