Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ireland: Ring of Kerry

This morning, I got up at 6:45 to take my shower and then we went downstairs to eat breakfast. Tony showed up while we were eating, so we cleaned up and hopped on the bus. Tony drove us around the Ring of Kerry.


The scenery was beautiful as we rode around the ring. We took a lot of pictures as we made random stops along the way. The most notable stop was on the top of the cliff where I had to brace myself from literally falling off the mountain. They don’t seem to believe in handrails here.

The wind was crazy

Horses grazing in a valley on the side of the road
For lunch, we stopped at the Lobster Bar. I ordered the kid’s chicken nuggets and fries with a side of bread. The meal was great and really filling, just like at home. The ketchup even mostly started tasting the same as I continued to eat it.

Once we came back to the hostel, we decided to go on a walk. Sadly, all the stores we walked to seemed to be closed. I think places close around six here, I’m not sure why. I bought some bread and a slice of pizza for dinner. It was yummy but the pizza crust was a little hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment