Sunday, September 23, 2012

Parasailing


We were in the Bay of Islands all day today, so I decided to go for a run because of the late rise. Surprisingly, I was able to run right after breakfast and not feel sick. It was a nice run too. Since we were staying pretty close to the beach, it wasn’t as hilly as it would have been elsewhere. I had to keep my run shortish though because I signed up to go kayaking along the coast with a few other people that morning. I ended up sharing a kayak with Ben from Tasmania and we shared life stories. The going wasn’t very rough except for when we had to maneuver through the mangroves.

After kayaking, I took a shower and met up with Jacob before we headed back into town to look at souvenir stores and pick up some ice cream at Movenpick. It had gotten really cold out, so I was freezing by the time we went down to the boat for parasailing.

Parasailing isn’t something that I would really pay to do again. It was okay and the view was nice, but if it had been much windier, I think I would have gotten motion sickness like I do on swings. I was frozen after being on the boat all afternoon, so I put on multiple sweatshirts before we went out with the old group for dinner at an Italian place in honor of our last night on the tour. It was an okay meal, but it took them forever to cook and it was kind of expensive, to me at least. I really don’t like spending more than $10 on a meal and since I always cook in Sydney, I’m still not used to the prices of eating out down here.

Sebastian and I going up

No comments:

Post a Comment