Friday, July 20, 2012

Test Time


Women can drive here! For a second, we weren’t sure. But they definitely can.

Today was our exam day. We were given the questions ahead of time and instructed to write about 2 pages or 400 words for each of the four questions. It wasn’t actually that bad because they were all sort of opinionated and I read the articles they were on, so I didn’t actually have to study. I was one of the few people who took the exam seriously, which is ironic because I’m one of the few who won’t be getting credit for it. I just figured I had nothing else to do, so I might as well apply myself. I found some of the material interesting anyways.

After the exam, I wandered around campus by myself for a bit. It was nice to be alone and not feel like I needed to be a part of the group – the same feeling I got from running yesterday. Some might think it’s weird that I’m so independent and need so much alone time, but I definitely do. It’s just natural to me. And traveling in groups can overwhelm. That’s why New Zealand will be exciting. I’m going to be completely on my own.

We were picked up shortly after my wandering. In fact, I ran into our host father on my way to the pick-up spot. Biscuits and rolls were waiting for us when we got home. They were so good. I really do love their biscuits here. We filled up on them though so when dinner was ready about ninety minutes later, we barely had room for pasta with lamb sauce and chicken curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment